To support you during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have put together a list of resources to aid you, your family and your baby’s health and development.
- What to do if your child is unwell during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Wheezing and breathing difficulties
- Fever / high temperature
- Rashes - when should you worry
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Head injury
- Your baby’s health and development review at 6 to 8 weeks during COVID-19
- Keeping children safe (PDF) - Child Accident Prevention (CAPT) safety awareness pack for parents during lockdown. It includes colouring pages and activity sheets for children and user friendly pictures.
- Supporting children and young people's mental health and wellbeing
- A story about COVID-19 for children: Dave the dog and Dotty the nurse and Coronavirus
- Resources for families with children with Special Educational Needs or Disability - Looking after your feelings and body (PDF)
- Looking after a child or young person's mental health
- Mindful Mums supports pregnant women and new mums through 2 kinds of online support group via Zoom. Information about the groups can be found at: blgmind.org.uk/bromley-mental-health/bromley-mindful-mums/wellbeing-groups.
- NHS Improving Access Psychological Therapies offer free talking therapies to adults registered with a Greenwich GP. You can self-refer using the referral form here.
- Parenting through coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Unicef Baby Friendly - Supporting babies, mothers and families during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Unicef Baby Friendly - Breastfeeding attachment and positioning (access to video)
- Unicef Baby Friendly - Breastfeeding resources
- Unicef Baby Friendly - Hand expression (access to video)
- Expressing and storing breastmilk
- Food banks
- Healthy Start vouchers - If you are pregnant or have a child under four years old you could get Healthy Start vouchers to help buy some basic foods. This important means-tested scheme provides vouchers to spend with local retailers. Pregnant women and children over one and under four years old can get one £3.10 voucher per week. Children under one year old can get two £3.10 vouchers (£6.20) per week. Find out more at: healthystart.nhs.uk/healthy-start-vouchers/how-to-apply
- Healthy Start Vitamins - Pregnant women, women with a baby under one year old and children aged up to their fourth birthday on Healthy Start, will get green Healthy Start vitamin coupons. These will be sent to you, with your Healthy Start vouchers, every eight weeks. The Children’s Centres are currently closed and they will now be delivered to your home.
If you wish to speak to a member of the health visiting team please email: firstname.lastname@example.org leaving your contact telephone number, and we will get back to you during the working hours of Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) between 9 and 5.
Working in collaboration with other professionals and networks, Bromley Healthcare offers support for individuals with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) residing in Greenwich, Bromley, and Bexley. Our dedicated teams come together to release a tri-borough newsletter every 4 to 6 weeks, brimming with valuable resources and expert advice for parents, caregivers, and families of those with SEND.
Read our latest newsletter below: